Monday, October 3, 2011

Amazon trouble

I tramped through the jungle, tripping and falling in my oversized black boots, using my bamboo stick as a machete. I regretted what I had done, following a jaguar off into the jungle to get pictures; silly of me.

I felt bad and lost, I didn't know how to make a weapon, a shelter, or any kind of boat. I found a furry brown tail under a bunch of ferns, picked I tup and decided to use it as a whip.

Then I heard a lot of noise getting louder and louder until a bunch of dangerous animals burst out of a bush. So I said, "hello, dangerous animals", swinging the tail around above my head, then flung the tail away, relieved.

I climbed up a tree and thought about my time line and how I needed to get back to the city to do a masters degree in biology. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I found several Pygmy monkeys using me as a couch. I grabbed one of them and ripped it open, the blood made such a horrible stain that I cannot use that shirt to this day.

Just then I heard my group shouting my name so I ran towards them shouting.

I rushed through the undergrowth, plants brushing against me, feathery leaves full of water shaking about as I ran.

After an hour my legs felt like jelly, so I sat down on a log and kept shouting. I waited and waited and waited and waited...

There was a loud rustling sound and my group burst out of a bush. I told them what had happened, and they told me their side of the story. My group took me back to the lodge and I collapsed on my bed, relieved.

Location:Deep in the Amazon jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment