Thursday, August 4, 2011

Man overboard near Volcano Isle

Chapter One 
Kasplash!



The Alexandria crashed into the roaring waves causing me to sway on the deck.

The captain shouted, "Jim! Hold onto something!"

So I jumped onto the rigging. Just in time too because a monster wave crashed into the Alexandria splattering my face with salty sea water and nearly knocking me off my perch.

I was only just holding on with my aching arms so I dropped off and sprinted towards the trap door leading to the cabins. But a monster wave swept me off deck. The last thing I heard was the loud but distant shout of "JIIIIIMMMMMMM!!!"

Chapter Two 
Groggy waters


When I woke up I swam to the surface and looked around. Not a ship in sight. So I checked my compass; broken. I swam forward, my now salty brown hair irritating my blue eyes and my face as I swam. I swam for twelve hours until I finally washed up on a hot black beach. I looked about me feeling desperate for food and water. I ran across the beach peering into every little crack or crevasse I could find, but each on had the same black sand. 


Then I started to hear some faint shouts from the other side of the island.


"JIM!" they said. I ran towards the shouts, getting closer and closer, until I started to see the ship. I got to the camp and found my crewmates covering me with food, drink and questions like, "Are you OK? Are you thirsty?" and "Are you hungry?".


To all these I answered, "Yes", and ate my fill. 


We sailed home with adventures, stories and legends.

No comments:

Post a Comment